Tuesday, February 22, 2011

On our last geography lessons, we learn about the different rock characteristics and the formation of the sedimentary rocks. I never did care about how rocks look like before To me, rocks were just round things used to be kicked around when we are angry or frustrated. Also, I think the formation of rocks are very interesting, because rocks didn't just fell down from the sky one fine day right?

Did you know that the first geologist on the moon was Harrison Schmitt who was part of the Apollo 17 mission? From the rock samples he collected, scientists have been able to learn many things about the moon. This shows that rocks can help us find out more about things.

Cherie Peh, Nicole Lien
Ace geography

1 Comments:

At February 24, 2011 at 5:52 AM , Blogger FaithJoanne said...

Cool! I've never known that Harrison Schmitt was the first Geologist!
Oh, yes, and I do admit that I kick rocks around when I am down...
I guess its not just rocks that can help us learn much more things. Like what we have learnt in History, writings of people of the past can tell us a lot about the history of a particular country, city, etc... Maybe that is how Geography is related to other subjects.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home