Friday, August 12, 2011

Temperate Deciduous Forest

Temperate Deciduous Forest
  • Changing seasons
  • 'Deciduous' means exactly what the trees on these leaves do: change colour in autumn, fall off in winter, grow back in spring/ lose their leaves every year and grow them back again
    (Helps trees to survive winter)
  • Winter: form of recipitation- sleet, snow, hail
  • Average rainfall is 30-60inches per year
  • Average temperature is about 50F
Surviving the changing season
  • Special adaptations
    - Summer: broad leaves to capture energy from sun and convert to food
    - Autumn: Green chlorophyll in leaves begin to decompose, revealing brillant shades of reds, oranges, yellows
    - Winter: trees and plants become dormant
    - Spring: grows new leaves and begin photosynthesis again
Location
  • primarily in the eastern half of the United States, Canada, Europe, parts of Russia, China, and Japan


What causes season
  • the tilt of the Earth's axis at different times of the years
    (sun rays hit different parts of the globe more directly)















Temperate Deciduous Forest animals
  • must adjust to cold winters and hot summers by hibernating, migrating, keeping active all winter
  • Includes Black bear, grey squirrel, raccoon, white-tailed deer, cardinal, yellow-bellied sapsucker




























Colours of leaves in the fall


Black walnut and butternut Drop leaves before they turn
Locust Stays green until leaves drop
Ash Plum purple
Red maple, dogwood, sassafras, and scarlet oak Dark red
Sugar maple and sumac Flame red and orange
Oak, beech, larch, elm, hickory, and sycamore Tan or brown
Poplar, birch, tulip tree, willow Yellow

4 Comments:

At October 3, 2016 at 4:26 PM , Blogger stephanier1981 said...

awesome helpful for my son for his biome project

 
At March 9, 2018 at 4:19 AM , Blogger Cherry Blackwa said...

Thanks, I did not know about Mark Hutchinson Temperate Deciduous Forest. It is a rapidly evolving area for me, but more interesting than I ever would have thought.

 
At October 5, 2021 at 8:53 AM , Blogger Mrs. Carolin Glowski said...

HELLO GET OUT OF FINANCIAL MESS WITH THE HELP OF drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

I have been in financial mess for the past months, I’m a single mum with kids to look after. My name is REBECCA MICHAELSON, and am from Ridley Park, Pennsylvania. A couple of weeks ago My friend visited me and along our discussion she told me about DR BENJAMIN OWEN FINANCE of (drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com); that he can help me out of my financial situation, I never believed cause I have spend so much money on different loan lenders who did nothing other than running away with my money. She advised, I gave it a try because she and some of her colleagues were rescued too by this Godsent lender with loans to revive their dying businesses and paying off bills. so I mailed him and explain all about my financial situation and therefore took me through the loan process which was very brief and easy. After that my loan application worth $278,000.00USD was granted, all i did was to follow the processing and be cooperative and today I am a proud business owner sharing the testimony of God-sent Lender. You can as well reach him through the Company WhatsApp +19292227023 Email drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

 
At July 16, 2023 at 6:59 AM , Blogger Pamela Brooks said...

Dear Sir/Ma,

We are genuine certified Financial Instrument providers. Presently, we only focus on BG/SBLC for Lease and purchase purposes. Our Lease BG/SBLC is 4+2% and purchase at 32+2%.

* FOR LEASING OF BG/SBLC
MINIMUM FACE VALUE OF BG/SBLC = EUR/USD 1M
LEASING FEE = 4%+2%

* FOR PURCHASE OF FRESH CUT BG/SBLC
PRICE = 32%+2%
MINIMUM FACE VALUE OF BG/SBLC = EUR/USD 1M

Kindly contact us for our procedures and be sure that we shall respond within 48hrs maximum.

Intermediaries/Consultants/Brokers are welcome to bring their clients and are 100% protected. In complete confidence, we will work together for the benefits of all parties involved.

POMELA BROOKS
E-mail : ellabrooks42112@gmail.com
Skype id : ellabrooks42112@gmail.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home